Diabetes Symptoms Because of the lack of insulin and has a high sugar content in blood, then some of the symptoms that are common to both type 1 diabetes or type 2. If you experience some of these symptoms, you'll want to check to determine blood sugar levels. In general, several symptoms that occur include:
* Frequent urination
* Often feel very thirsty
* Often hungry because they do not have enough energy so the body's hunger signals
* Weight loss despite a sudden there is no attempt to lose weight. This is because when the body can not distribute the sugar into the cells, the body burns fat and protein alone to get energy.
* Frequently tingling in the feet or hands.
* Having problems like itchy skin or ulcers.
* If injured, take longer to be cured.
* Changes in behavior such as irritability. The causes for type 1 diabetics often awoke at night to urinate and could not sleep soundly.
* Easy to feel tired.
Are You Affected Diabetes?
Although these symptoms can indicate a person has had diabetes, but the best way to determine whether you have diabetes or not is to do the checking. What can be done to see if you have diabetes? Here are some alternatives that you can do either personally or in clinical tests.
Usually done in the laboratory, which is tested when fasting and postprandial blood. Before conducting the test, you must fast for 12 hours. Normal glucose levels during fasting is below 100 mg / dl. After that, blood sampling will be performed again 2 hours after eating, when the results above 140 mg / dL may mean you have diabetes.
Urine or urine checked for albumin, sugar and determines the mikroalbuminurea to whether a person suffering from this disease or not. This test was also conducted in the laboratory or clinic.
This test can be done independently at home if you have the appliance. The trick is to put a needle in the finger to take blood samples. Then, blood samples were placed into the gap which is available on glukometer machine. The result is not too accurate, but can be used to monitor the sugar for people with no indication of sugar so that if the height can be checked in the lab and call the doctor. Recent glukometer tools have been designed so easy to use and does not cause pain when taking a blood sample.