Prevent and Control Diabetes Given the dangers and complications that can result from diabetes, then avoid or control high blood sugar levels is the best way. How?
* Lose weight. Fat in the body can absorb insulin.
* Avoid fatty foods, preserved or fried. Instead, choose foods high in carbohydrate and glucose complex.
* Reduce or sweet foods which contain lots of high calorie glucose.
* Drink plenty of water.
* Exercise regularly.
* Avoid stress.
* Avoid alcohol or softdrink.
* Avoid smoking. Diabetics who smoke are even more risky, because of their habits of heart and circulatory system damage, and narrowing of blood vessels. A reference stating that 95 percent of diabetes-related amputations performed on smokers.
* Drink a doctor recommended drug for lowering blood sugar levels.
* For patients with type 1 diabetes, regular insulin should be given through insulin therapy.
How much sugar levels are normal?
Sugar levels after fasting:
Normal: below 100 mg / dl
Prediabetes: 100 - 126 mg / dl
Diabetes: above 126 mg / dl
Glucose levels 2 hours after meals:
Normal: below 140 mg / dl
Prediabetes: 140 - 200 mg / dl
Diabetes: above 200 mg / dl
Cure diabetes did not exist, but by controlling blood sugar, one can avoid the dangers of this disease. Changing diet and lifestyle for the better and more healthy to be started. People who suspect that he was suffering from diabetes should see a doctor who has experience in the prevention and treatment of diabetes.